There’s no way around it, to get more out of life, one must be as physically fit. Physical fitness enhances not only our health, but enlivens our spirit and raises our self esteem. In a perfect situation, we could hire a personal trainer, or hook up with a fitness buddy. But life is not always perfect, and we are often left to face our fitness goals alone, day in and day out. However, with the advent of the fitness activity tracker, that no longer seems to be the case.
Fitness activity trackers belong to a popular group of wearables which utilize sensors to keep track of your activities of daily living, as well as your fitness routines. These handy bits of high tech allow you to keep track of important stats such as how many calories you burned, how many steps you took, and so on. These wearable sensors measure motion by way of a three axis accelerometer. This accelerometer is able to keep track of your activities in any direction. More advanced fitness activity monitors will also have an integrated gyroscope to handle record orientation and rotation. Once these components capture the data, it will be transformed in to what you see on your display or fitness app as steps walked, heart rate, calories burned, among others.
Top Selling Fitness Trackers
- Earn Active Zone Minutes as you progress toward your weekly 150 minutes of heart-pumping activity and use 20 plus exercise modes to track goals like distance, calories burned and more.Operating temperature: 14° to 113°F
- Track all-day activity: your steps, distance, hourly activity and calories burned.Maximum operating altitude: 28,000 ft
- Use 24x7 heart rate to track resting heart rate & better measure calorie burn
- AMAZON ALEXA BUILT-IN: Talk to Amazon Alexa on your Amazfit Band 5 activity fitness tracker. Ask Alexa questions, get translations, set alarms and timers, check the weather, control your smart home devices, and more.
- 15-DAY BATTERY LIFE: Say goodbye to daily recharge. With a fully charged Amazfit Band 5, you don’t need to bring a charger for a two-week trip. On a single charge, it has enough power to get you charged for 2 whole weeks mind-free.
- BLOOD OXYGEN SATURATION MONITOR: You can measure your blood oxygen saturation and understand your physical state with OxygenBeatsTM. Ideal for high-intensity workouts and sports such as marathons and gym workouts.
- 14 Sports Mode Tracking: Automatically tracks your real-time heart rate, sleep quality, 14 kinds of sports like running, workout, hiking, and etc., and a map of your workout route. EURANS fitness tracker also reminders you to move after a long time of inactivity.
- 24hs Activity Tracking: Tracks your everyday achievements such as your steps, calories burned, distance covered, helping you stay motivated and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Call & Message Notification: Connect the tracker to the app on your phone via Bluetooth, then the tracker will vibrate and display relevant information when calls and messages come in. It helps you to free your hands.
- Use built-in GPS to see your pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs, rides, hikes and more and see a workout intensity map in the app that shows your heart rate changes along your route
- With Active Zone Minutes, feel a buzz when you reach your target heart rate zones during exercise, and celebrate when you earn extra minutes outside of exercise.Operating temperature: -20° to 60° C
- Use 24x7 heart rate to track resting heart rate & better measure calorie burn. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth LE and internet connection. Syncs with Mac OS X 12.2 and up, iPhone 5S and later, iPad 5 gen. and later, Android 7.0 and later
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: ZURURU fitness tracker monitors your heart rate all day. It tracks your sleep (awake sleep, deep sleep, awake time) at night.
- All-day Activity Tracking: The fitness tracker can track your daily steps, calorie consumed, workout distance and time. You can see detailed data on Hband APP.
- Call and Message Notification: You can get call,SMS messages and SNS notifications directly on your wrist (including Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Instagram).
- Optimize your workout routine with a Daily Readiness Score that reveals if you’re ready to exercise or should focus on recovery (Requires Fitbit Premium membership)
- Get a daily Stress Management Score showing your body’s response to stress and take steps to improve your levels with an on-wrist EDA sensor mindfulness session
- With the Health Metrics dashboard, track SpO2, heart rate variability, skin temperature variation and more (Not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition and should not be relied on for any medical purposes. It is intended to provide information that can help you manage your well-being)
- Use amazon Alexa built in to get quick news and information, check the weather, set timers and alarms, control your smart home devices and more all through the sound of your voice (third party app may be required; amazon Alexa not available in all countries)
- Based on your heart rate, time asleep and restlessness, sleep score helps you better understand your sleep quality each night; also track your time in light, deep and REM sleep stages and get personal insights
- Control your Spotify app, download Pandora stations and add Deezer playlists (subscription required; Pandora is US only)
- 【Wider Compatibility】- Compatible with iOS 9.0 & Android 5.0 above smartphones. Download and install Free APP, Pair your smart watch with your smartphone,you can receive alerts of calendar, SMS, incoming calls and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and more) on this watch.designed to work together
- 【Professional Waterproof】Fitness tracker is IP68 waterproof, you can wear it when washing hands, in the rain
- 【Better Screen Display & Long Battery】1.1-inch High End Full colour AMOLED touch display with more content Animated dial.The smartwatch M5 only takes 2 hours to charge and can be used for 5-7 days
Last update on 2022-01-20 at 20:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What to Look for When Buying a Fitness Tracker
Purchasing a fitness activity tracker is a very personal decision. There is no ‘one size fits all’ solution. Where one individual wishes to track their daily caloric output and steps taken, another needs one which can record calories burned while submerged in the pool. Whether you are searching for one which will monitor your heart rate, steps taken, or calories burned, once you know exactly what it is you want from your activity tracker, you’ll be able to zero in on the make and model of your choice with ease and precision.
Fitness trackers are wearable sensors. As such, it is important that you choose one which will compliment your fashion taste and sensibilities. In other words, if you have a classic fashion sense, a brightly colored, fluorescent green and pink fitness activity tracker will definitely clash. This is especially important if you plan on wearing your fitness activity tracker while on the job. In this case, it would be wise to purchase a fitness activity tracker which is designed to resemble a traditional wrist watch, or pendant.
Another design concern is the display. Some fitness activity monitors come with a display, while others do not. The different type of display screens include high resolution OLED displays, full color, or simple black and white screens. Whichever you choose, make certain you can read the results comfortably. For instance, if it’s important for you to keep track of your fitness levels while exercising, you don’t always want to whip out your smartphone to view the data. So, look for one that has all the information on a nice sized OLED display.
If you are serious about developing your athletic pursuits, then made certain that your fitness activity monitor can furnish you with data reflecting health metrics. Health metrics refer to the health measurements the tracker records, such as calories burned, heart rate, blood pressure and respiration. Some will come with a convenient, easy to use 24 hour, real time heart rate monitor, and keep track of your resting, maximum and average heart rate. This is absolutely essential for anyone who is into heart rate zone training. Another feature is auto sleep tracking, where you monitor the amount of time you sleep and moments.
Before you even begin your search for the best fitness activity tracker for you, sit down and make sure you know your fitness goals. By being aware of what you want to achieve you’ll be able to quickly spot the fitness activity tracker which will help you meet these goals. For example, say you are only buying it to lose body fat, so keeping track of calories burned in a day is really all you need. For you, a basic step tracker will work fine. With this in mind you may consider purchasing a tracker that will grow with you as well. If cross training is your goal, then you ‘ll need a tracker which has multi-sport tracking capabilities. If you are training for a marathon, look for one that records distance movement and trajectory tracking.
This is an important option for athletes. Multi-sports tracking allows you to move beyond the basic step model, and will often include training modes. Depending on your fitness activity monitor, these modes may include: Tennis, yoga, dancing, swimming, football, elliptical, among others. This feature is designed to collect data in real-time, so you can see your progress as you are engaged in your sport of choice. If this feature interests you, consider going all out and look for a fitness activity monitor that offers positive feed back for your athletic efforts, such as virtual rewards or sending you encouraging emails for a job well done.
Be careful here, as splash proof and water resistant are not the same thing. If you are intent on taking your tracker with you while you swim a few laps or in the shower, then look for a water resistant model, as it will function while being lightly submerged, as in swimming. On the other hand, splash proof merely means that you can probably wear it out in the rain during a run and it will still record your health metrics, steps or calories burned. There is no such thing as a ‘waterproof’ fitness tracker, as a wearable will allow water to enter if the pressure is high enough. Look for a model that has an IP water resistant rating of around IP67 or so. This means you’ll be able to jog in the rain, wash your hands, without ruining your activity tracker.
Features to Consider
No one fitness activity tracker can please every fitness enthusiast, which is why it is important to know your fitness goals and purchase one with the correct features. These features can include auto sleep tracking, activity tracking using GPS, smart phone notifications, and wireless syncing. If you are trying to break the mold of a sedentary lifestyle, then look for an activity tracker with an Inactivity feature. This feature actually sounds an alarm if you’ve been sitting too long. Smartphone notifications allow you to monitor calls, SMS, and texts for all of your social media accounts.
Battery Life and Connectivity
Fitness activity trackers run on battery power. Some require that you change out the battery when it runs low, while others allow you to charge it up via a convenient USB port. Battery life from one tracker to another will differ, as some will give you a single day on a charge, others up to a week or several months. As a general rule, those fitness activity trackers which offer rechargeable batteries usually give you more features than those which use disposable batteries. Next, consider the mobile app that works with your tracker. It’s the mobile app that will really function as your fitness buddy/personal trainer. Some people actually look at the apps first, size them up, and then look for a fitness activity tracker which uses the app. If you purchase an expensive fitness activity monitor first, you could end up with an app that has very few features, or features you would not use.
Gone are the days when fitness enthusiasts and athletes in training had to carry around a tattered fitness activity log for each activity. Spending valuable time logging how many sit ups, bench presses and miles ran. In today’s modern high tech landscape, the fitness notebook has been replaced by the highly efficient and cost effective fitness activity tracker. These trackers are much more than an expensive pedometer. Indeed, these trackers are your fitness buddies, your very own personal trainers, goading you on, encouraging you, and providing you with useful feedback so you can achieve your personal fitness goals. Whether you’re looking to shed a few pounds, or wanting to compete in the Iron Man, searching for and purchasing the perfect fitness activity monitor is key to achieving your maximum overall health.