There’s no way around it, to get more out of life, one must be as physically fit. Physical fitness enhances not only our health, but enlivens our spirit and raises our self esteem. In a perfect situation, we could hire a personal trainer, or hook up with a fitness buddy. But life is not always perfect, and we are often left to face our fitness goals alone, day in and day out. However, with the advent of the fitness activity tracker, that no longer seems to be the case.
Fitness activity trackers belong to a popular group of wearables which utilize sensors to keep track of your activities of daily living, as well as your fitness routines. These handy bits of high tech allow you to keep track of important stats such as how many calories you burned, how many steps you took, and so on. These wearable sensors measure motion by way of a three axis accelerometer. This accelerometer is able to keep track of your activities in any direction. More advanced fitness activity monitors will also have an integrated gyroscope to handle record orientation and rotation. Once these components capture the data, it will be transformed in to what you see on your display or fitness app as steps walked, heart rate, calories burned, among others.
Top Selling Fitness Trackers
- Overtake your expectations: featuring a 1. 3-Inch large touch screen that allows you to understand your health more intuitively by displaying your sports data vividly and in a way that is easy to understand. Meets IP68 water Standard requirements, this Letsfit smartwatch also lets you avoid any troubles when swimming or working out in the rating.
- Protect & monitor your health: Our Letsfit activity watch includes a bunch of new features, including: music control, even Stress training. Making it more than just a health tracker.
- Affordable & Functional: Like most traditional health trackers, Letsfit Smart Tracker can monitor your steps, calories burned, sport mileage, and sleep quality status 24 hours a day whilst syncing with our VeryFitPro app. Your device can also enjoy up to 10 days of battery life per full charge.
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- ❤ All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status and with 14 sports modes, it helps you better understand each sport.
- ❤ Heart Rate and Sleep Monitoring: Automatically track your real-time heart rate continuously and sleep duration by comprehensively analyzing your sleep quality data to help you adjust your healthy lifestyle.
- ❤ Never Miss Call & Message: See Calls and Messages on Your Wrist, Receive call, calendar, SMS and SNS (Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Twitter ) notifications on display, never miss important messages.
- Membership includes body composition, tone of voice analysis, sleep & activity tracking, and more — free for 6 months. Auto-renews at $3.99/month + tax. Contact Customer Service to cancel.
- Screen-free for fewer distractions.
- Body Composition - Measure body fat percentage, a better indicator of health than weight or BMI alone.
- 【Accurate Fitness Tracker Watch】- YAMAY watch will accurately track your all-day steps,calories consumption,distance traveled,heart rate.It also supports extra 7 sports modes to help you track your other exercise patterns,and will connect to smartphone's GPS to draw the route map in the related app.
- ♥【 Smart Watches for iPhone Android Phones】- This watch is compatible with most iOS 8.0 & Android 4.4 above smartphones(not for pc or tablet).You can get call, text, calendar,email and messages alerts and read them diredctly on the watch.This watch can fit for 6.5 - 9.5 inch wrist(perimeter), suitable for men women and kids.
- ♥【 Sleep Tracker with More Practical Tools】- This fitness watch will auto detect and track your sleep,and analyze your sleep quality.You can easily check the data in the verfitpro app.This watch also has many pratical tools,like alarm clocks,music controller,deep breath guide,sedentary reminder,stopwatch,timer.
- Use built-in GPS to see your pace and distance on screen during outdoor runs, rides, hikes and more and see a workout intensity map in the app that shows your heart rate changes along your route
- With Active Zone Minutes, feel a buzz when you reach your target heart rate zones during exercise, and celebrate when you earn extra minutes outside of exercise
- Get a 90-day free trial of the Fitbit Premium to help you stay active, sleep well and manage stress. Unlock it all in the Fitbit app. (The valid payment method required. Cancel before free trial ends to avoid subscription fees. Offer valid for new Premium users only)
- Multifunction: Supports distance, steps, calories burned tracking, blood oxygen, heart rate, and blood pressure monitoring, deep, light and wake sleep measuring.
- Easy for charging via built-in USB plug. Simply remove the bands and insert the end of the metal straps on an USB port. No charger needed.
- After Bluetooth connecting, vibrates of tracker to notify you of incoming calls, messages and other APP notifications you select like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Twitter.
- 【Real-time Healthy Tracking & Sleep Tracker】Real-time continuous heart rate, wrist Blood oxygen & Blood pressure monitoring,and provide comprehensive analysis of your sleep quality (deep sleep,light sleep and wake up time), listen to your heart and better understand your fitness status.
- 【Daily Activity & Multi-Sport Tracking 】Recording daily activities like steps, distance, calories burned and a map of the workout route by connecting to your phone's GPS. Supports 8 sports such as walking, running, bicycle , rope skipping, Badminton, Football, Basketball, Swimming. Stay motivated all day!
- 【Smart Call SMS SNS Notification & Hang Up Phone Call】Receive SMS, SNS, calls notification on your fitness watch,never miss things that matter.Just press the reject to hang up phone call when calls coming.Reminds you to exercise or work if you haven't done so in a while.
Last update on 2020-09-24 at 21:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What to Look for When Buying a Fitness Tracker
Purchasing a fitness activity tracker is a very personal decision. There is no ‘one size fits all’ solution. Where one individual wishes to track their daily caloric output and steps taken, another needs one which can record calories burned while submerged in the pool. Whether you are searching for one which will monitor your heart rate, steps taken, or calories burned, once you know exactly what it is you want from your activity tracker, you’ll be able to zero in on the make and model of your choice with ease and precision.
Fitness trackers are wearable sensors. As such, it is important that you choose one which will compliment your fashion taste and sensibilities. In other words, if you have a classic fashion sense, a brightly colored, fluorescent green and pink fitness activity tracker will definitely clash. This is especially important if you plan on wearing your fitness activity tracker while on the job. In this case, it would be wise to purchase a fitness activity tracker which is designed to resemble a traditional wrist watch, or pendant.
Another design concern is the display. Some fitness activity monitors come with a display, while others do not. The different type of display screens include high resolution OLED displays, full color, or simple black and white screens. Whichever you choose, make certain you can read the results comfortably. For instance, if it’s important for you to keep track of your fitness levels while exercising, you don’t always want to whip out your smartphone to view the data. So, look for one that has all the information on a nice sized OLED display.
If you are serious about developing your athletic pursuits, then made certain that your fitness activity monitor can furnish you with data reflecting health metrics. Health metrics refer to the health measurements the tracker records, such as calories burned, heart rate, blood pressure and respiration. Some will come with a convenient, easy to use 24 hour, real time heart rate monitor, and keep track of your resting, maximum and average heart rate. This is absolutely essential for anyone who is into heart rate zone training. Another feature is auto sleep tracking, where you monitor the amount of time you sleep and moments.
Before you even begin your search for the best fitness activity tracker for you, sit down and make sure you know your fitness goals. By being aware of what you want to achieve you’ll be able to quickly spot the fitness activity tracker which will help you meet these goals. For example, say you are only buying it to lose body fat, so keeping track of calories burned in a day is really all you need. For you, a basic step tracker will work fine. With this in mind you may consider purchasing a tracker that will grow with you as well. If cross training is your goal, then you ‘ll need a tracker which has multi-sport tracking capabilities. If you are training for a marathon, look for one that records distance movement and trajectory tracking.
This is an important option for athletes. Multi-sports tracking allows you to move beyond the basic step model, and will often include training modes. Depending on your fitness activity monitor, these modes may include: Tennis, yoga, dancing, swimming, football, elliptical, among others. This feature is designed to collect data in real-time, so you can see your progress as you are engaged in your sport of choice. If this feature interests you, consider going all out and look for a fitness activity monitor that offers positive feed back for your athletic efforts, such as virtual rewards or sending you encouraging emails for a job well done.
Be careful here, as splash proof and water resistant are not the same thing. If you are intent on taking your tracker with you while you swim a few laps or in the shower, then look for a water resistant model, as it will function while being lightly submerged, as in swimming. On the other hand, splash proof merely means that you can probably wear it out in the rain during a run and it will still record your health metrics, steps or calories burned. There is no such thing as a ‘waterproof’ fitness tracker, as a wearable will allow water to enter if the pressure is high enough. Look for a model that has an IP water resistant rating of around IP67 or so. This means you’ll be able to jog in the rain, wash your hands, without ruining your activity tracker.
Features to Consider
No one fitness activity tracker can please every fitness enthusiast, which is why it is important to know your fitness goals and purchase one with the correct features. These features can include auto sleep tracking, activity tracking using GPS, smart phone notifications, and wireless syncing. If you are trying to break the mold of a sedentary lifestyle, then look for an activity tracker with an Inactivity feature. This feature actually sounds an alarm if you’ve been sitting too long. Smartphone notifications allow you to monitor calls, SMS, and texts for all of your social media accounts.
Battery Life and Connectivity
Fitness activity trackers run on battery power. Some require that you change out the battery when it runs low, while others allow you to charge it up via a convenient USB port. Battery life from one tracker to another will differ, as some will give you a single day on a charge, others up to a week or several months. As a general rule, those fitness activity trackers which offer rechargeable batteries usually give you more features than those which use disposable batteries. Next, consider the mobile app that works with your tracker. It’s the mobile app that will really function as your fitness buddy/personal trainer. Some people actually look at the apps first, size them up, and then look for a fitness activity tracker which uses the app. If you purchase an expensive fitness activity monitor first, you could end up with an app that has very few features, or features you would not use.
Gone are the days when fitness enthusiasts and athletes in training had to carry around a tattered fitness activity log for each activity. Spending valuable time logging how many sit ups, bench presses and miles ran. In today’s modern high tech landscape, the fitness notebook has been replaced by the highly efficient and cost effective fitness activity tracker. These trackers are much more than an expensive pedometer. Indeed, these trackers are your fitness buddies, your very own personal trainers, goading you on, encouraging you, and providing you with useful feedback so you can achieve your personal fitness goals. Whether you’re looking to shed a few pounds, or wanting to compete in the Iron Man, searching for and purchasing the perfect fitness activity monitor is key to achieving your maximum overall health.