There’s no way around it, to get more out of life, one must be as physically fit. Physical fitness enhances not only our health, but enlivens our spirit and raises our self esteem. In a perfect situation, we could hire a personal trainer, or hook up with a fitness buddy. But life is not always perfect, and we are often left to face our fitness goals alone, day in and day out. However, with the advent of the fitness activity tracker, that no longer seems to be the case.
Fitness activity trackers belong to a popular group of wearables which utilize sensors to keep track of your activities of daily living, as well as your fitness routines. These handy bits of high tech allow you to keep track of important stats such as how many calories you burned, how many steps you took, and so on. These wearable sensors measure motion by way of a three axis accelerometer. This accelerometer is able to keep track of your activities in any direction. More advanced fitness activity monitors will also have an integrated gyroscope to handle record orientation and rotation. Once these components capture the data, it will be transformed in to what you see on your display or fitness app as steps walked, heart rate, calories burned, among others.
Top Selling Fitness Trackers
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- Multifunction Health Manager: 24-hour heart rate monitoring and activity tracking, auto sleep tracking to help you know your everyday health status
- Smart Notification: Receive call and message notifications and alarms on your wrist so that you never miss things that matter; sedentary alert to remind you to move for refreshment
- 14-Sport Tracking: Tracks up to 14 sports such as running, spinning, workout, dancing, yoga, and more, helping you adjust your exercise intensity for better results
- 【 Color Screen & IP68 Waterproof 】- This watch has all the traditional functions as a fitness tracker,at the same time,it adopts the most popular features in 2018:color screen and slim design,and up to IP68 waterproof standard,making it a star and best choice in fitness trackers
- 【 Fitness Tracker with 14 Sports Mode 】- This is a powerful fitness tracker.It can accurately track your daily steps, distance traveled, calories burned and activity time all day automatically.It also support additional 14 sports tracking to help you better monitor your various workout
- 【 Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep Monitor 】 - Adopt the latest HR sensor for accurate and effective heart rate monitoring;This watch will detect your sleep automatically at night and analyze your sleep quality with deep sleep,light sleep and awake time.The silent vibration alarms can wake you up without disturbing others
- 【Please use the tracker with "VeryFitPro" app. Download the app by scanning the QR code in the user manual.】All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Tracking: 14 exercise modes help you better understand every activity data (you can set up to 3 different sports modes from 14 sports modes to display on the tracker screen); tap the tracker to monitor a variety of exercises and read exercise
- Auto Heart Rate and Sleep Monitoring: Track real-time heart rate automatically and continuously; know your all-day heart rate and view heart rate curve to get a clear picture of your health; automatically track your sleep duration and consistency with com
- 【HEALTHY ASSISTANT】Coffea H7-HR Smart Band can check your physical index, such as steps, distance, calories burned, heart rate, speed, activity time all day, and 14 training modes will help you get a better understanding of your fitness level.
- 【HEART RATE & SLEEP MONITOR】The activity bracelet can monitor your heart rate to help you do exercise scientifically and accurately monitor total effective sleeping time and motions every night, you can better understand your sleeping quality.
- 【GIVE A MATCHED GIFT】 The silicone replacement band is easy to install and remove, you can install a different colored band any time you want.Replace different color strap to suit your mood and your outfit!
- SUPERIOR FITNESS TRACKER& MULTI-SPORTS TRACKING: This Activity tracker can track your heart rate and all-day activities. The smart bracelet with 14 training modes( including yoga, tennis, football, dancing, etc ) helps you better understanding every activity data of yourself. 4 customizable clock faces for you choose from, suits your taste in different styles. And the workout App is more comprehensive. It will help you get a better understanding of your fitness level
- HEART RATE & SLEEP MONITOR: The activity bracelet can monitor your heart rate to help you do exercise scientifically and accurately monitor total effective sleeping time and motions every night, you can better understand your sleeping quality
- WATER RESISTANCE & GPS INTEGRATION: IP67 waterproof allows your washing hands, getting caught in the rain, will not damage your fitness watch. The connected cellphone GPS can monitor your activities track, you will always know where have you been and where you are
- All-day activity tracking: This activity tracker not only track your daily activities like steps, distance, calories burned and the minutes you take, the bracelet will also track your heart rate and blood pressure condition. Which help you to get a more healthier lifestyle.
- Smart Call & Message Reminder: The fitness tracker will remind you all messages such as call, SMS, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook etc, you will never miss any important messages. In this way, this smart watch can help you get focused on your work.
- Sleep monitor & IP67 Waterproof: The fitness tracker will monitor your sleep condition automatically and sync the data to your app. You can get a better sleep mode according to analyzing the data. The smart bracelet meets the international IP67 waterproof and dustproof standard. But we don't recommend wear the fitness tracker when swimming and taking a shower.
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- Ultra-thin, removable tracker hides in bands, pendants and bangles, The Fitbit Flex 2 wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches. It also has a surgical-grade stainless steel clasp
- Swim-proof for tracking swimming, life-proof for wear in the ocean, shower, pool and beyond
Last update on 2018-09-16 at 04:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What to Look for When Buying a Fitness Tracker
Purchasing a fitness activity tracker is a very personal decision. There is no ‘one size fits all’ solution. Where one individual wishes to track their daily caloric output and steps taken, another needs one which can record calories burned while submerged in the pool. Whether you are searching for one which will monitor your heart rate, steps taken, or calories burned, once you know exactly what it is you want from your activity tracker, you’ll be able to zero in on the make and model of your choice with ease and precision.
Fitness trackers are wearable sensors. As such, it is important that you choose one which will compliment your fashion taste and sensibilities. In other words, if you have a classic fashion sense, a brightly colored, fluorescent green and pink fitness activity tracker will definitely clash. This is especially important if you plan on wearing your fitness activity tracker while on the job. In this case, it would be wise to purchase a fitness activity tracker which is designed to resemble a traditional wrist watch, or pendant.
Another design concern is the display. Some fitness activity monitors come with a display, while others do not. The different type of display screens include high resolution OLED displays, full color, or simple black and white screens. Whichever you choose, make certain you can read the results comfortably. For instance, if it’s important for you to keep track of your fitness levels while exercising, you don’t always want to whip out your smartphone to view the data. So, look for one that has all the information on a nice sized OLED display.
If you are serious about developing your athletic pursuits, then made certain that your fitness activity monitor can furnish you with data reflecting health metrics. Health metrics refer to the health measurements the tracker records, such as calories burned, heart rate, blood pressure and respiration. Some will come with a convenient, easy to use 24 hour, real time heart rate monitor, and keep track of your resting, maximum and average heart rate. This is absolutely essential for anyone who is into heart rate zone training. Another feature is auto sleep tracking, where you monitor the amount of time you sleep and moments.
Before you even begin your search for the best fitness activity tracker for you, sit down and make sure you know your fitness goals. By being aware of what you want to achieve you’ll be able to quickly spot the fitness activity tracker which will help you meet these goals. For example, say you are only buying it to lose body fat, so keeping track of calories burned in a day is really all you need. For you, a basic step tracker will work fine. With this in mind you may consider purchasing a tracker that will grow with you as well. If cross training is your goal, then you ‘ll need a tracker which has multi-sport tracking capabilities. If you are training for a marathon, look for one that records distance movement and trajectory tracking.
This is an important option for athletes. Multi-sports tracking allows you to move beyond the basic step model, and will often include training modes. Depending on your fitness activity monitor, these modes may include: Tennis, yoga, dancing, swimming, football, elliptical, among others. This feature is designed to collect data in real-time, so you can see your progress as you are engaged in your sport of choice. If this feature interests you, consider going all out and look for a fitness activity monitor that offers positive feed back for your athletic efforts, such as virtual rewards or sending you encouraging emails for a job well done.
Be careful here, as splash proof and water resistant are not the same thing. If you are intent on taking your tracker with you while you swim a few laps or in the shower, then look for a water resistant model, as it will function while being lightly submerged, as in swimming. On the other hand, splash proof merely means that you can probably wear it out in the rain during a run and it will still record your health metrics, steps or calories burned. There is no such thing as a ‘waterproof’ fitness tracker, as a wearable will allow water to enter if the pressure is high enough. Look for a model that has an IP water resistant rating of around IP67 or so. This means you’ll be able to jog in the rain, wash your hands, without ruining your activity tracker.
Features to Consider
No one fitness activity tracker can please every fitness enthusiast, which is why it is important to know your fitness goals and purchase one with the correct features. These features can include auto sleep tracking, activity tracking using GPS, smart phone notifications, and wireless syncing. If you are trying to break the mold of a sedentary lifestyle, then look for an activity tracker with an Inactivity feature. This feature actually sounds an alarm if you’ve been sitting too long. Smartphone notifications allow you to monitor calls, SMS, and texts for all of your social media accounts.
Battery Life and Connectivity
Fitness activity trackers run on battery power. Some require that you change out the battery when it runs low, while others allow you to charge it up via a convenient USB port. Battery life from one tracker to another will differ, as some will give you a single day on a charge, others up to a week or several months. As a general rule, those fitness activity trackers which offer rechargeable batteries usually give you more features than those which use disposable batteries. Next, consider the mobile app that works with your tracker. It’s the mobile app that will really function as your fitness buddy/personal trainer. Some people actually look at the apps first, size them up, and then look for a fitness activity tracker which uses the app. If you purchase an expensive fitness activity monitor first, you could end up with an app that has very few features, or features you would not use.
Gone are the days when fitness enthusiasts and athletes in training had to carry around a tattered fitness activity log for each activity. Spending valuable time logging how many sit ups, bench presses and miles ran. In today’s modern high tech landscape, the fitness notebook has been replaced by the highly efficient and cost effective fitness activity tracker. These trackers are much more than an expensive pedometer. Indeed, these trackers are your fitness buddies, your very own personal trainers, goading you on, encouraging you, and providing you with useful feedback so you can achieve your personal fitness goals. Whether you’re looking to shed a few pounds, or wanting to compete in the Iron Man, searching for and purchasing the perfect fitness activity monitor is key to achieving your maximum overall health.