There’s no way around it, to get more out of life, one must be as physically fit. Physical fitness enhances not only our health, but enlivens our spirit and raises our self esteem. In a perfect situation, we could hire a personal trainer, or hook up with a fitness buddy. But life is not always perfect, and we are often left to face our fitness goals alone, day in and day out. However, with the advent of the fitness activity tracker, that no longer seems to be the case.
Fitness activity trackers belong to a popular group of wearables which utilize sensors to keep track of your activities of daily living, as well as your fitness routines. These handy bits of high tech allow you to keep track of important stats such as how many calories you burned, how many steps you took, and so on. These wearable sensors measure motion by way of a three axis accelerometer. This accelerometer is able to keep track of your activities in any direction. More advanced fitness activity monitors will also have an integrated gyroscope to handle record orientation and rotation. Once these components capture the data, it will be transformed in to what you see on your display or fitness app as steps walked, heart rate, calories burned, among others.
Top Selling Fitness Trackers
- 24 HOURS' ACTIVITY TRACKING: Check your heart rate, steps, calories, walking distance and exercise time at any time you want. Vibration awake clock, mindfulness training, specific sports modes, sedentary alert, calls& SNS notifications and sleep monitor help to manage your life healthier.
- DAILY SLEEP MONITOR: Use with the VeryfitPro app, to check your daily, weekly and monthly sleep report. Analyze your sleeping condition- awake time, light sleep, deep sleep, combine with reasonable exercise and food consumption, gradually improve your sleep condition.
- 14 SPORTS MODES & GPS ROUTINE MAP: Choose a sports mode for more accurate measures and reports about the heart rate changes and calories consumption.7 sports modes could be shown on the fitness tracker, choose the top 7 sports modes you want from the 14 options in the APP. Through the smartphone GPS, the app could draw a map of your running routine.
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Built-in the Advanced Nordic 51832 Chip of Updated 2019 Version, minimum size, lowest power consumption, highest integration. Data full accuracy and battery life is longer! Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle. Takes only 1-2 hours to fully charge and lasts up to 7-15 days standby.
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, miles walked, active minutes, sleep status and more. Stay motivated all day!
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route. Everything you need in a tiny tracker, heart rate monitor, step counter, stopwatch, reminder, calories counter, sleep monitor, supports 14 sports modes: Walk, Run, Spinning, Cycling, Dance, Climbing, Hike, Treadmill, Workout, Tennis, Yoga, Basketball, Football, Badminton.
- Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring: Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep status
- Multi-Sport Modes & Connected GPS: 14 exercise modes help you better understand specific activity data; Connect the GPS on your cellphone can show run stats like pace and distance and record a map of your workout route
- Large Stylish Dial Display: 1. 3-inch TFT-LCD color touch screen features 4 different customizable displays, making it easier and quicker to view the time, day of the week date, steps travelled, and calories burned, your message notifications can also be displayed straight to your device screen
- Heart rate monitoring & sleep tracking: Automatically monitor your daily real-time heart rate, and track your sleep quality status to get a better understanding of your health
- All-day Fitness Tracking: Accurately records your activity data such as: steps taken, distance travelled, calories burned, minutes active and your weekly/monthly accumulative data, you can also see your fitness targets at a glance allowing you to easily control your rhythm of exercise, helping you to adjust and make your exercise as effective as possible
- 【Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring】：Measuring your heart rate on every 1 / 2 / 6 / 12 hour automatically, and you can also set up real-time heart rate tracking or manually tracking once you set it up in the app. Also support automatic sleep monitoring from 6:00pm to second day you get up, it records deep sleep, light sleep, stay up and awake states. Clearly acknowledge your physical fitness status at whole day / week / month.
- 【30 Days Normal Use Time】：Charge 2 hours, normal use 30 days, standby 60 days. A time full charge gives you 30 days normal use, 60 days working. I think it will greatly save your charging time and improve the efficiency of use.
- 【Fitness Tracker with 6 Sport Modes】：Switch 6 different sport modes on watch directly. Built-in advanced 3D sensor and pedometer to accurately count your steps, calories burned & distance achieved. Steps: 1. Long press to choose which kind of sport, 2. long press again to enter sport mode, it will count 3, 2 ,1. Then you can start your excerise.
- 【 Heart Rate & Sleep Monitoring】HR monitor watch-Tracks real-time heart rate automatically & continuously and automatically tracks your sleep duration & consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data, helping you adjust yourself for a healthier lifestyle
- 【Multiple Function】Smart tracker watch-Female physiological period tracker reminder,24 hour continuous Heart rate and Blood pressure monitor,Sleep monitor,Pedometer watch,Calorie counter,Step counter,Bluetooth Phone call reminder,Caller's name display,Caller ID display,Reject answer the phone,Call & SMS message notification,Health tracker watch,Sedentary reminder,Remote Camera,Alarm,Countdown,Stopwatch.
- 【All-day Activity Tracking】Health tracker watch-Record all-day activities t like steps, distance, calories burned, active minutes and sleep quality, you can get the completely report in the APP.
- 【Heart Rate Monitor & Sleep & Blood Pressure Monitoring】 The watch fitness tracker adopts the 2019 latest intelligent algorithm and HR sensor for accurate and effective heart rate monitoring; Detect your sleep and analyze your sleep quality with deep sleep, light sleep and awake time. Also it supports track your blood pressure, daily steps, distance traveled, calories burned, activity tracking time and additional more than 10 function;
- 【Smart Real-Time Notification】 The activity tracker receives call and message notifications and alarms on your wrist, never miss things that matter; Sedentary alert to remind you to move for refreshment. Alarm alert, Stopwatch and Female physiological period reminder;
- 【Compatibility & Long-lasting Battery】Supports Bluetooth4.0, iOS 8.0/Android 4.4 and higher smartphones; Full charge requires only about 1 hour and the standby time can be 5-7 days, and even a maximum of about 30 days (Depending on the usage environment);
- 【Multifunctional Health Manager】The fitness tracker accurately records your daily activity,walking distance traveled, calories burned and monitor your heart rate with full analysis. With powerful 8 in 1 activity tracker makes your exercise more efficient and let you have a healthier lifestyle.
- 【 Heart Rate Monitor 】Advanced HR sensor for accurate and effective heart rate monitoring, monitor your heart rate all day with graph in the app. It means allowing you to know your heart rate while rest and while working out.This activity tracker care about your every heart beat.
- 【Sleep Tracking】Tracks your deep sleep, light sleep, and wake sleep so that you can have a better understanding of your sleep quality. You can also use this sleep tracker set an alarm to wake you up with vibration, smooth and comfort. Embrace a fresh morning with Akasma sleep monitor.
Last update on 2019-11-14 at 13:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What to Look for When Buying a Fitness Tracker
Purchasing a fitness activity tracker is a very personal decision. There is no ‘one size fits all’ solution. Where one individual wishes to track their daily caloric output and steps taken, another needs one which can record calories burned while submerged in the pool. Whether you are searching for one which will monitor your heart rate, steps taken, or calories burned, once you know exactly what it is you want from your activity tracker, you’ll be able to zero in on the make and model of your choice with ease and precision.
Fitness trackers are wearable sensors. As such, it is important that you choose one which will compliment your fashion taste and sensibilities. In other words, if you have a classic fashion sense, a brightly colored, fluorescent green and pink fitness activity tracker will definitely clash. This is especially important if you plan on wearing your fitness activity tracker while on the job. In this case, it would be wise to purchase a fitness activity tracker which is designed to resemble a traditional wrist watch, or pendant.
Another design concern is the display. Some fitness activity monitors come with a display, while others do not. The different type of display screens include high resolution OLED displays, full color, or simple black and white screens. Whichever you choose, make certain you can read the results comfortably. For instance, if it’s important for you to keep track of your fitness levels while exercising, you don’t always want to whip out your smartphone to view the data. So, look for one that has all the information on a nice sized OLED display.
If you are serious about developing your athletic pursuits, then made certain that your fitness activity monitor can furnish you with data reflecting health metrics. Health metrics refer to the health measurements the tracker records, such as calories burned, heart rate, blood pressure and respiration. Some will come with a convenient, easy to use 24 hour, real time heart rate monitor, and keep track of your resting, maximum and average heart rate. This is absolutely essential for anyone who is into heart rate zone training. Another feature is auto sleep tracking, where you monitor the amount of time you sleep and moments.
Before you even begin your search for the best fitness activity tracker for you, sit down and make sure you know your fitness goals. By being aware of what you want to achieve you’ll be able to quickly spot the fitness activity tracker which will help you meet these goals. For example, say you are only buying it to lose body fat, so keeping track of calories burned in a day is really all you need. For you, a basic step tracker will work fine. With this in mind you may consider purchasing a tracker that will grow with you as well. If cross training is your goal, then you ‘ll need a tracker which has multi-sport tracking capabilities. If you are training for a marathon, look for one that records distance movement and trajectory tracking.
This is an important option for athletes. Multi-sports tracking allows you to move beyond the basic step model, and will often include training modes. Depending on your fitness activity monitor, these modes may include: Tennis, yoga, dancing, swimming, football, elliptical, among others. This feature is designed to collect data in real-time, so you can see your progress as you are engaged in your sport of choice. If this feature interests you, consider going all out and look for a fitness activity monitor that offers positive feed back for your athletic efforts, such as virtual rewards or sending you encouraging emails for a job well done.
Be careful here, as splash proof and water resistant are not the same thing. If you are intent on taking your tracker with you while you swim a few laps or in the shower, then look for a water resistant model, as it will function while being lightly submerged, as in swimming. On the other hand, splash proof merely means that you can probably wear it out in the rain during a run and it will still record your health metrics, steps or calories burned. There is no such thing as a ‘waterproof’ fitness tracker, as a wearable will allow water to enter if the pressure is high enough. Look for a model that has an IP water resistant rating of around IP67 or so. This means you’ll be able to jog in the rain, wash your hands, without ruining your activity tracker.
Features to Consider
No one fitness activity tracker can please every fitness enthusiast, which is why it is important to know your fitness goals and purchase one with the correct features. These features can include auto sleep tracking, activity tracking using GPS, smart phone notifications, and wireless syncing. If you are trying to break the mold of a sedentary lifestyle, then look for an activity tracker with an Inactivity feature. This feature actually sounds an alarm if you’ve been sitting too long. Smartphone notifications allow you to monitor calls, SMS, and texts for all of your social media accounts.
Battery Life and Connectivity
Fitness activity trackers run on battery power. Some require that you change out the battery when it runs low, while others allow you to charge it up via a convenient USB port. Battery life from one tracker to another will differ, as some will give you a single day on a charge, others up to a week or several months. As a general rule, those fitness activity trackers which offer rechargeable batteries usually give you more features than those which use disposable batteries. Next, consider the mobile app that works with your tracker. It’s the mobile app that will really function as your fitness buddy/personal trainer. Some people actually look at the apps first, size them up, and then look for a fitness activity tracker which uses the app. If you purchase an expensive fitness activity monitor first, you could end up with an app that has very few features, or features you would not use.
Gone are the days when fitness enthusiasts and athletes in training had to carry around a tattered fitness activity log for each activity. Spending valuable time logging how many sit ups, bench presses and miles ran. In today’s modern high tech landscape, the fitness notebook has been replaced by the highly efficient and cost effective fitness activity tracker. These trackers are much more than an expensive pedometer. Indeed, these trackers are your fitness buddies, your very own personal trainers, goading you on, encouraging you, and providing you with useful feedback so you can achieve your personal fitness goals. Whether you’re looking to shed a few pounds, or wanting to compete in the Iron Man, searching for and purchasing the perfect fitness activity monitor is key to achieving your maximum overall health.